Ethos and Values
At Whitchurch the child is the centre of all we do. Our aims are:
- To create an exciting and challenging atmosphere, where children with enquiring, imaginative and creative minds become independent learners.
- To maximise the use of technology to support learning in all areas of school life.
- To create a community which enables children to develop self-knowledge and self-esteem, so that they grow as confident, articulate and responsible citizens and individuals.
- To provide a welcoming environment for all in the school community, where the motivation to learn will be enhanced by the partnership between home and school.
- To provide opportunities for children to gain maximum personal achievement.
- To develop in each child respect and care for one another and a tolerance and understanding of other races, religions and ways of life.
- To help children acquire a broad understanding and appreciation of the natural and made environment.
At Whitchurch we centre children’s education around not only their academic progress but their progress as individual people and citizens. We offer a wide range of experiences and activities that, combined with our general school policies and aim, promote each child’s personal development of the core values needed to be a successful and valuable member of our society. We believe in educating the children in our care to be good citizens and to develop the skills they need to have a successful and productive life.
We celebrate the immense cultural diversity in out school and community through visits, assemblies and more whilst holding in the centre of that what it is to be a British citizen. We provide a broad and balanced PSHE, Citizenship, RE and SMSC curriculum which explicitly teaches the children the importance of democracy, rule of law, individual liberty, mutual respect and tolerance of those of different faiths.
We are committed to keeping Whitchurch children safe and happy in order for them to grow and flourish to their full potential in all aspects of their lives. If you would like to know more about our Safeguarding work here at Whitchurch please visit our safeguarding page.