Safe Technology Use
At Whitchurch the children are constantly encouraged to use modern technology to support their learning; therefore, we teach them to be safe and expect them to follow the rules below to protect themselves and their friends.
- I will ask permission from a member of staff before using the internet;
- I will only use my login and password, which I will keep secret;
- I will not access other peoples files;
- I will use the computers only for school work and homework;
- I will not bring disks into school unless I have permission;
- I will only e-mail people I know, or my teacher has approved;
- The messages I send will be polite and sensible;
- I will not give my home address or phone number, or arrange to meet someone, unless my parent, carer or teacher has given permission;
- To help other pupils and myself, I will tell a teacher if I see anything I feel is inappropriate or I receive messages I do not like;
- I understand that the school may check my computer files and may monitor the Internet sites I visit.
At Whitchurch we take the safety of our pupils in all aspects of their life very seriously. Within that remit we are committed to educating our young people to be safe internet users and in supporting parents with this very important skill at home too.
In school we have an internet safety code of conduct that all pupils and staff are expected to adhere too. We have strong and constantly updated filters in place to protect and govern internet use. All computers are enabled with the dolphin facility. The dolphin floats on all out computer screens all the time and if the children see something that they are afraid of, unsure or or feel is inappropriate they can click on the dolphin which will fill the screen with a pleasant picture and enable them to alert a teacher.
For more e-safety information please use the links below:
- UK Safer Internet Centre Parents’ Guide to Technology
- Child Exploitation and Online Protection (CEOP) Centre
- CEOP Think U Know
- CEOP’s ThinkUknow parents section
- Internet terms and Language: A Guide for Parents
- Cyberbullying: keep your child safe on computers and mobile phones
- I will only bring a mobile phone into school if my parent, carer or teacher gives me permission to;
- I will keep my phone switched off on the school premises and will only use it if my teacher gives me permission to in an emergency;
- To help other pupils and myself, I will tell a teacher or my parent if I see I receive messages I do not like.