Introduced in 2011, Pupil Premium is additional funding for publicly funded schools in England. Pupil Premium funding can be used by schools to raise the attainment of disadvantaged pupils of all abilities and to diminish the difference between them and their classmates.
At Whitchurch we spend our pupil premium money in a number of ways:
- Providing extra one to one and small group teaching.
- Providing subsidised instrumental music lessons for children whose families would be unable to pay for them.
- Funding towards educational trips and visits (50% discount).
- Paying for additional help such as speech and language therapy or family therapy.
- Employing a team of Pastoral Partners to support vulnerable children and their families.
- Running a social and emotional support programme for those children who need the additional support.
- Investing in digital technologies that boost or support children’s learning, such as computers/ tablets/software.
- Funding towards Breakfast and After School Club (50% discount) to eligible children.
Take a look at our Pupil Premium report below to find out how we make use of Pupil Premium funding, including after school tutoring sessions run by school staff.
To help us to continue to secure this funding, we rely on your support so please check whether you are eligible for Free School Meals!